Monday, October 19, 2009

My 'No Fry French Fries'....


I don't claim to be a chef in the kitchen by any stretch but I can kick Martha's ass when it come to french fries...yeah I said it...kick her ass.

And mine you can stuff your face without the guilt because they are baked and not fried.
French fries are an indulgence I refuse to give up...it's right up there with dark chocolate.
And my kids and my husband LOVE them.

Here is the recipe. So simple and so damn good.

no fry french fries....

1. Take 4-5 baking potatoes [make sure they are baking potatoes]...cut them in half then in then into long even strips so that they 'look' like french fries. (I leave the skin on)
Soak them in cold water for 30-60min.

Preheat oven to 450...[I have a convection oven].

2. Drain the water and pat the potatoes dry with paper towel.

3. Lightly coat potatoes with olive oil. Then season with sea salt.

4. Spray baking sheet with no- stick cooking spray and evenly spread out the potatoes on the baking sheet.

5. Place in oven for about 45 min...the longer you keep them in the crispier they get.

Serve immediately...to die for with malt vinegar.


(photo credit: mortgageporter.com)

No comments: