Sunday, October 18, 2009

I Love How The Beckhams Smell....


First off I usually don't wear fragrances.

I did quite a bit before my second baby came into the world but my daughter put an end to all of that fairly quickly. She was super sensitive to intense smells...even Johnson & Johnson's Baby Lotion bothered her. So we went fragrance free on all things cold turkey.

Finally after her first birthday she eventually grew out of the no scents stage and I started looking for a new fragrance but not for everyday wear but something that would act as that finishing touch accessory for when Mommy went out.

I used to wear Insolence [which I still love] but I have to thank the elderly woman at the cash at Shopper's Drug Mart last night, who decided to pay for her $23.65 of purchases in change (that's right quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies...God bless.), for my latest favourite scent find.

So I knew it was going to be a while and since no other cash was open I headed over to the fragrances section and started smelling.

I'm not usually into the whole celebrity perfume lines...my mom is a Chanel No. 5 woman and she wears it beautifully...I wanted something that was fresh yet classic in smell.

And that's when my eye caught the Beckham Fragrances display...really how can you not notice...David is dreamy and hot that way...Quite frankly, there's no not noticing him.

So I tried the Beckham Signature Stories for her...and I instantly fell in love with it.
Subtle and sexy and not too overpowering [you know that drama of smelling someone before you see them]....and the scent just got better as the night progressed.

According to Posh, I mean Victoria..."I am not just a famous person who is putting my name on different things and doing licensing deals all over the place. Everything I do is true to myself. With the fragrances, I designed the bottles, I got to the factory, I worked on the fragrances. I’m really the creator behind the project. You’re getting a piece of David and me with this. The good thing about fragrance is that it can reach out to many people."

All I know is that this one I'm going back to buy...time to cash in those Shopper's Optimum points...and for only $59 it's not going to break the wallet.



Here is the ad...too bad wearing the perfume couldn't make us all look that sexy.

(update: Total bonus points to my husband...he read my blog and went out and bought me the perfume this afternoon. He's still not going to get any..after all, as he says, it is another day that ends in 'Y')

No comments: