Saturday, June 20, 2009

If you won the loterry.....


A while back someone on twitter asked 'If you won the lottery what would you do?'
I thought about that moment of complete bliss for a while and finally came up with my top 5 list...

1. I would buy myself some silence. Being a SAHM [stay at home mom] of a 3 year old and a 15 month old, silence is something that is ridiculously hard to come by...so I would take a bit of that cash hire a live-in nanny for one week and book myself into a posh boutique hotel and lock myself in my room for 7 straight days [minus the opening of the hotel room door to allow the room service person to deliver my meals].

2. I would buy myself some sleep. The will be easily accomplished by reading #1. Obviously the people who claim that the older you get, the less sleep you need [bullshit] have never had two hyper active, never quiet for a moment, always on the go, have robbed you of sleep for three years, kids to run after.

3. I would randomly choose one single mom one every day for one month and send them off for a full day spa package [daycare for the kids would be taken of too]. It wasn't until I had kids of my own did I fully appreciate the strength and courage of single parents. I am in awe of how you do it day in and day out all on your own. I applaud all that you do for your kids.

And 4 and 5....totally self-indulgent....

#4. Shoes, Shoes, Shoes...cause a woman can never have enough.

#5 Go download crazy on iTunes and make my little red iPod the workout of it's musical life.

A girl can dream right?

1 comment:

PerfectMomentProject said...

hah. spa packages all around.. nice.

Prince Charming.... hah..

Single Moms deserve more than just the one Mother's Day.

This is my note for all the single moms... I dedicate Father's Day to my Mom

Happy Father's Day, Moms.