Sunday, January 03, 2010

Pillow heaven


I've been searching for the perfect pillow for years.

The last purchase we made in our house was the highly recommended 'goose down pillows'.

Yeah about that.

Those over fluffy pillows may work for me when I'm in hotel room getaway mode but they made a very poor transition to the 'everyday good night's sleep land'.
I loathe those pillows with everything in me and the price tag that came with them.

So in attempt to kick off 2010 with some decent, comfortable, blissful sleep, I went to the land of all things Swedish and bought some new pillows. [Cue the angelic singing].

Oh Gosa Hassel pillow from IKEA where have you been all my life?

Really and truly this is the best pillow ever for side and back sleepers. And at a price of $19.99 it doesn't get any better than that.

Here are the specifics from the IKEA catalogue:

  • A high synthetic pillow for those that prefer sleeping on their side. Keeps your head, neck and spine aligned and straight, so you can relax.
  • The temperature- and weight-sensitive foam filling molds to your body shape so that you get proper support and can relax while sleeping.
  • The cover is removable and washable, so the pillow will stay fresh for a long time.

No comments: