Monday, January 05, 2009

Oh sleep where art thou?

I now know why they use sleep deprivation as a torture method.
Sleep and lack of it can do quite the number on the body.
I completely underestimated how much I would miss sleep when my second child came along.
I used to dream about vacation destinations and shopping trips for new shoes...now when I do sleep, I dream about sleeping.
Everyone says before you know it the kids teenagers and all they will do is sleep....but thing is when you are in the thick of it you rarely have the mind set to see the light at the end of what you think is a bleak tunnel.
I am seriously considering inventing a sleep spa...where all you do is sleep...my husband claims that's what hotels are for but not true.
See with hotels there is the obligatory must be doing something component [ie: business trip, wedding, concert etc..]...hence the hotel stay....
I just want a place that has no expectations other than uninterrupted, blissful sleep.
I'll get working on that once I've had a good night's rest.
According to my calculations that will be in oh 10 years from now.

No comments: