Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Emily Giffin: Something Blue

Emily Giffin is a great literary escape for mummies out there.

Being a mummy days are filled with dirty diapers, 3 year old style tantrums, crying fits, teething dramas....really I could go on....

And in between this mummy life I found myself needing an escape, and seeing that a trip to an exclusive beach resort and drinking pomantinis all day is on hold for the time being, I figured that a good read would do the trick.

'Something Blue' was the ticket. It's a quick and easy read that I managed between naps and I can't wait to read the other two books by Emily Giffin.

If you're looking for a story that you can get into easily and momentarily live vicariously through someone else...trials and tribulations included.

It's light-hearted and funny...as all chick-lit books are, but this one resonates more that the others...a definite must summer read.

If you are a new mummy it's a great getaway from the routine of naps, diapers changes and feedings!

No comments: