Tuesday, December 09, 2008

My 'favorite things' list....Oprah style..



I figure if Oprah can have a 'favorite things' list why can't I?

Note to companies....feel free to send items my way...I love free stuff....yes shameless I know...but if you don't ask....


1. Philosophy 'Hope in a jar' moisturizer


2. Philosophy 'the miracle worker' skincare set


3. Christian Louboutin Very Prive Satin Platform Pump [yeah they run like $780 and I'll likely never own a pair because they are so damn pricey...but I still can dream....]

4. DVF [that's Diane von Furstenberg for those who are fashion clueless...] Julian Wrap Dress

5. Rice Paper Shredded Pork Rolls from the Mekong Restaurant

6. The 'absolute pearl instant brightening' facial at the Brookstreet 'Au Naturel' Spa

7. Baby Duck Champagne....yes Baby Duck...its gonna make a comeback!

8. M.A.C Viva Glam Lipstick [and the plus when dishing out the cash for this is that every cent raised goes to the M·A·C AIDS Fund to support the fight against HIV/AIDS]

9. any Hobo bags....my current fave...Steve Madden 'Totalli' Patent Hobo Bag

10. Bio-Oil....yes it actually works...just like the commercial says it will....really. [pregnant ladies can rejoice]

11. The Arugula Salad from Fratelli's Restaurant

12. My (Product)Red IPod....and all the downloading I do from ITunes....i really should buy stock....

13. McBlooms Skin Therapy: Extremely Rich Creme....best stuff ever for dry skin...found it at Chapters...[mcblooms.com]

14. My Vigoss jeans [vigossusa.com]

15. Movie reviews....so good, so sarcastic....rtheygood.blog.com

16. Artwork...hollandshollywood.com [click under Art Shop]

17. best place to buy books: bookcloseouts.com

18. POM Wonderful Pomegranate Juice

19. PBS...great educational TV shows for the preschool set....Sid The Kid, Super Why, Curious George, Word World, Sesame Street....pbskids.org

20. Slice TV...yes my vice is Slice....slice.ca

21. Best place for creating your own photo books...shutterfly.com

22. To save your chapped lips: Burt's Beeswax Lip Balm

23. Makeup: Pur Minerals...love, love...purminerals.com

24. My Chucks...cause they never go out of style...converse.com

25. Eternal Amber handcrafted accessories....lovely beads, gorgeous earth tones...stunning necklaces...recently saw them hawking their stuff on TV: theshoppingchannel.com/category/jewellery.do?e=1&N=100101+127403&cm_re=A-_-PRI-_-JW_081208_EternalAmber

26. My New Balance trainers...love my running shoes...

27. I wish these two stores existed in Ottawa, Toronto or Montreal...Filene's Basement & DSW...

28. I wish I could afford Lisa Lindblad to book my ultimate travel vacation...lisalindblad.com

29. Avon Naturals Vanilla Shower Gel

30. And finally a VW Rabbit in reflex silver metalic & art gray interior...

No comments: