Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The People In My Head

So I got this fab idea from the blog Loulou's Views...

Presenting: The People That Live In My Head





The cast of the movie Empire Records - They're all a little fucked up, innocent and endearing in their own way and come together when they need to - I've got a little bit of each of them in me (and for the record, the soundtrack for the movie totally kicks ass)



Ferris Bueller - I try to be that cool, sarcastic, clever and quirky every day...and I can be a shit disturber every now and then too.



Jeanie Bueller - Like Jeanie I am fiercely independent and sometimes feel totally misunderstood. I won't let anyone fuck with me and I'll do anything for my family. And her cynical sneer, I've got that one committed to memory.



Miss J Alexander - Because I dream of living Miss J's pampered life, getting manicured and pedicures, receiving massages, and sitting in peace in a hot tub of bubbles and water. And like Miss J I love my shoes and I love his line about walking the walk 'Walk like it's for sale and the rent is due tonight!'



Drew Barrymore - I'm all about that energy, ambition and humour...and the fact she proves that quirky can be beautiful and sexy.



Janeane Garofalo - (back when she was funny) - I'm all about that dry sarcasm and wit - everyone needs a little of that f*&^ off attitude in their head




Meg Griffin - Cause even at 37 there's still that self-conscious teenage girl in me that wants that acceptance and popularity...



Angela Chase - This quote from Angela says it all: ' Things were getting to me. Just how people are. How they always expect you to be a certain way. Even your best friend.'  I think about that a lot.



Duckie (Phil Dale) - Cause like Duckie, I'm all about the laughter, the friends, the fights, the talk, the hurt, the jealousy, the passion, the pressure, the real world.



Watts (Some Kind Of Wonderful) - She speaks to my rock 'n roll girl at heart and every girl wants to walk away with the diamond earrings with the boy of dreams...

and finally...



Elmo - Like Elmo I like to sing all the time (I totally suck at singing but I do it anyways) and I have that relentless optimism, good cheer and insatiable curiosity.

1 comment:

Loukia said...

LOVE your people in your head! Good job!